Thursday 6 November 2014

Traditional Samples

Here are a few traditional samples I have made using different mixed media techniques. 

I made this sample by using white chalk onto black sugar
paper. The image I based this drawing off is a mono-
chromatic photograph by Lee Jeffries of a homeless man.
There are a lot of dark areas in this image which help to
show the dark and dull overall theme of the piece. To add a
touch of detail I used graphite for the pupil of the eye, so
it would create reflections like a real eye and add a sense of
life and realism. 

I used a variety of materials and techniques to create this
piece. The materials used where: Pastels, fine liner, ink,
watercolours and pastel. I especially like the way I
did the water showing the reflections and shimmers on the
surface of the water.

I based the style of this piece off Russell Mills Painting
work, by using a very high contrast and including both
messiness and fine detail. To achieve this affect I used:
ink, fineliner, bleach, coffee and dyes. I am happy with the
way this sample turned out however it came out a bit too
messy. Therefore if I were to do it again I would be more
careful when using the wet medias.


No comments:

Post a Comment